Monday, May 01, 2006

April showers bring May tunes...

We're getting into the summer months shortly, and the big rock releases are rolling off the assembly line faster than you can say "Hump De Bump". Tomorrow will be a great day for new releases, with new albums dropping from Tool (10,000 Days) and Pearl Jam (Pearl Jam). I haven't had a chance to digest the Tool album yet, but I highly suggest picking up Pearl Jam. It is probably their best album that they've released in 10 years. Go here to check out an in-studio performance of Life Wasted from the new album. Righteous.




Next week sees the release of The Red Hot Chili Peppers new double album opus, Stadium Arcadium. I had the pleasure of hearing this album for the 1st time yesterday, and it is simply phenomenal. My whole family was jamming out to it yesterday while prepping for a little barbecue. It's a pleasant mixture of their recent forays into more poppy material (By The Way, Californication), as well as a revisiting of their older funky jams. This is probably gonna get my vote for the album to be pumping on your stereo this summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright, here is my take. The new Pearl Jam is actually pretty good. I lost interest in them quite a while ago, but from what I am listening to, they have gone back to real rock. I am skeptical about RHCP. I saw them look terrible live and that is one way I judge the quality of a band. I will try it and see what happens. I would liek to hear Tool, although I have never gotten into them.

Anonymous said...

I have not heard any of the Pearl Jam album, so I am going to have to reserve judgement, as with Tool and RHCP. I would like to hear that RHCP CD however...I know they weren't that good at shows, but they have put out some good tunes...Tool....I doubt it.