Tuesday, June 27, 2006

PJ + TP = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, I was fortunate enough to drop $100 on one of summer's hottest tours last night - Pearl Jam and Tom Petty at the Xcel. This show affirmed the fact that the big stadium show is just not for me anymore. Both bands put on OK sets, but virtually every song I heard was something I've heard on the radio a billion times before. Why couldn't these guys spice up the setlists a little bit? Both bands basically seemed like they were just going through the motions, getting their paycheck at the end of the night, and then going back to the tour bus to engage in a rousing game of Scrabble.

7 bucks for a beer??!! Ricockulous.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd be fine with never stepping foot into an arena show like last night ever again. Some of my most rewarding musical experiences have taken place at venues like First Avenue and the 400 Bar. I think it's time to revisit those places in the near future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply amazing

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all that!