Monday, August 27, 2007

Queens at First Ave

The Queens of the Stone Age rolled into town on Saturday night and put on a slamming show. I was very pleased with the setlist, as they pulled out tasty tracks from their back catalog, as well as some of my favorite cuts from the new album. Michelle gave the show a B-, which I think is a tad harsh. But I can see where she's coming from, and here are the reasons why:
  1. We have definitely been spoiled in the past, as we had the opportunity to see the band at the 400 Bar (much more intimate venue) with Dave Grohl on the drums, which never hurts.
  2. Josh Homme (guitar/vocals) is in urgent need of knee surgery, so he's basically playing in pain every night. So that may have affected the performance somewhat.
Regardless, I thought they put on a fine show...I'd give it an A- (it would've been nice if they threw in a track or two from Rated R).

Here's the setlist:

You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar But I Feel Like A Millionaire
Do It Again
3's & 7's
Tangled Up In Plaid
Avon
Regular John
Into the Hollow
Misfit Love
Suture Up Your Future
Burn The Witch
Turning on the Screw (YAAAAAYYYY! The one song I needed to hear, and they delivered.)
The Fun Machine Took a Shit and Died
Little Sister
Make It Wit Chu
Sick, Sick, Sick
Go With the Flow
Song for the Dead
I Think I Lost My Headache

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B- was probably too harsh. I had a hard tume getting my heart into the concert since I was sober and sleeping over night at my moms house. Nonetheless, they are a fun band to see live and hope to catch them next time they're in town. MH