Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I get up around seven...

My brother Jeff and I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Slash yesterday at the Mall of America. He was there signing copies of his recently released autobiography, "Slash". Looks like the publishers thought long and hard about the title.

We arrived at the MOA around 4:30, and after picking up the book, we proceeded to stand in line for the next few hours. During the wait, we got to listen to Velvet Revolver's new album about 3.5 times. I wanted to pull the remaining hair from my head out after about the 2nd playback. It's an OK album an all, but it just started to get on my nerves after a bit.

Slash took the stage around 6:15 and got right to work. There was no funny business at this event.....no pictures were to be taken on the stage, and he'd only sign the book. My brother caught the above image on his cellphone. I got to spend about 3 seconds with him - we shook hands and I told him thanks for coming. All in all, he seemed like a pretty laid back dude, and I'm looking forward to cracking into the book. My one regret is that I wish I would have picked up a few more books to get signed - it appears that a bit of a profit can be made on these things!

In other news, the White Stripes have released a video for their new single, "Conquest". And you can check it out for your viewing pleasure right here - enjoy!

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Slash can wail on his ax. I say reunite GNR and let's get to rocking. I don't know what the big deal is though, I can take him when he challenges me on Guitar Hero. That video is a great example of why I just cannot listen to Jack White.