Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Neil Young has a new album on the horizon

"...this is about exchanging ideas... it's about getting a message out. It's about empowering people by giving them a voice. I know not everyone believes what I say is what they think. But like I said before.. ya know.. red and blue is not black and white. We're all together. It's a record about unification." -Neil Young (4/18/06)

Living With War will stream on NeilYoung.com beginning Fri, Apr. 28th. The album will be available at digital retailers beginning May 2nd. CDs will be available in stores early May.

This sounds like a pretty kickass idea to me. Leave it to the Godfather of Grunge to write and record his latest album in 2 weeks, and then get it out to the masses a few weeks later. Not too bad for a rocker pushing 60! Early reports say that this album harks back to his Mirrorball days with Pearl Jam - raw, rockin', and in your face. Go see what ol' Neil is up to yourselves by heading over to his site on Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Neil. He is a damn fine songwriter. I hope he stays away from politics...hehe

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.