Friday, August 11, 2006

Happy days are here again...


There's a fantastic new interview with Frank Black over at rollingstone.com - check it out here.









If you're in the area, swing on out to the Carver County Fair. I'll probably bring my daughter out there on Saturday or Sunday to pet the piggies.

I rediscovered Guided By Voices on the way into work today. They are a fantastic band with a buttload of releases. Their live shows are legendary - they start out with a cooler full of beer, and by the end of the night, the cooler is empty (along with assorted bottles of brown booze). The refreshments they ingest throughout the night do not affect their ability to churn out one perfectly crafted pop song after another. Over the next few weeks, I plan to expand my GBV library, and expect some mini-reviews of some of the gems from their catalog in the near future.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I have some GBV too, and I like it. Beer Garden for sure