Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Life Aquatic

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Looking for a good movie to rent this weekend? I highly suggest The Life Aquatic. This Wes Anderson film stars Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, and a host of other talented actors. The film follows the life of a washed up oceanographer that is trying to make one more great documentary. The film takes a witty look at the world of the sea explorer (copping many traits of another man of the sea, Jacques Cousteau). The first time I watched this movie, it really didn't impress me. However, after a second viewing last weekend, I had a newfound appreciation for the flick. Check it out if you're a fan of any of My. Anderson's previous works (Rushmore, The Royal Tennenbaums).

2 comments:

Jesse said...

I, like you, was not impressed on the first run. Maybe someday I will try again.

joe said...

I swear...the second time is a charm. You'll see.