Monday, January 15, 2007

Cold snap


Well, we finally are kicking into winter mode around here. At the end of last week, temps dropped from the 40's to single digits. We got a few inches of snow last night, which means that I get to clear the driveway off this evening. After that, it should hopefully be a quiet, relaxing evening. Here are a few ideas that may or may not be helping me pass the time while trying to stay warm:

  • Read a book - I haven't hunkered down and read a book (start to finish) in awhile now. Might as well give it a shot one of these days.
  • Sell stuff on eBay - I've got buttloads of stuff in the basement that I'll probably never use again. I keep telling my wife that I'll go on a selling spree, but it never really materializes. Maybe this week will be different.
  • Clean out the computer room cabinet - it's been a repository for items that don't have a proper place, kinda like the kitchen junk drawer. Time to change that.
  • Go downstairs and record some jams - I have fun every time I hit the "record" button and map out ideas...it's cool to build a song up from nothing, layer it with different instruments and make it sound like a band.
  • Rent/play WarioWare - Smooth Moves - all the initial reviews say this game is killer, with lots of fun minigames that invite a multiplayer environment.
That's about all I can think of at the moment. Being a husband/parent, chances may be good that not one of those items will be attempted this week. But who knows...stranger things have happened.

Cool concert alert - The Apples In Stereo will be playing the Varsity Theatre in Minneapolis on Saturday, 2/24 , at 10 pm. The show is in support of their new album, New Magnetic Wonder, which will be released on February 7.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - this cold snap has put some really good ideas into your head. Basement and computer room clean-up sound like excellent ideas.

Anonymous said...

I bet that comment was made by Michelle. Who wants to bet? I agree