Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It's Martini Time

I made last minute plans yesterday to go check out The Reverend Horton Heat at First Ave. Met up with a buddy from college for some grub before the show, and made our way in around 9. The Rev didn't hit the stage until 11:15. A little late for a school night, but the Reverend has always put on a great show.

The last few times I've seen these guys, the setlists have generally been pretty similar across the board. The dear Reverend addressed his critics halfway through the set, taking several requests. They busted out "Bales of Cocaine", which I don't ever recall hearing in concert, and was super pumped to finally hear.

I sure would like to make my way downtown to more shows. As the years have passed by and responsibilities have increased, it has definitely become harder to attend shows. Which I guess in the end makes me appreciate the action of attending a show a lot more than I have in the past.

Do any of you have any concert plans in the near future? I can't think of anything special coming up, but I'll probably post some upcoming shows here in the near future.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am pissed that you didn't call me for this. I had no idea it was going on! I would have been with you man. Concerts...none to speak of really.

Anonymous said...

Because you are always asking for posts...I am writing this. I have nothing to add, nor any megative or positive things to say. I am just writing to write. It is Friday, and I am ready for the weekend. You Catholics better not have had any red meat today. Carry on...

Anonymous said...

The group is coming back with Murder By Death (who also played a great set) and is playing 2 shows at the entry...should be ridiculous!