Thursday, October 23, 2008

Surly Darkness this weekend


Surly brewing is releasing Darkness this weekend, a Russian Imperial Stout. The first 700 people in the gates get to purchase up to 6 bottles. This beer is at the top of a lot of beer lists, and I'd really like to get my hands on some. I've heard that people are coming in from out of state to get a hold of this tasty beverage, and there have been rumblings of people actually camping out to secure a place in line. If I do make it to the brewery this weekend and can snag some bottles, I'll post a trip report here. Even if I can't get in, the day would not be a total loss, as they will be serving beer and some bands will be rocking out. Wish me luck readers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, you get in there and get that beer damnit. I know you can do it. If not for me, do it for your country.

Mag said...

Joe! You're memory serves you well. Of course I remember you and your Solo-Flexing roommate and all the rest. How'd you ever stumble across my blog? I was gonna drop you an e-mail, but it doesn't look like I can. Anyway, its too bad we didn't bump into one another at Darkness Day on Saturday, although its been a while and we'd both been drinking, so we probably could have chatted for a half an hour without making a connection. I get to quite a few beer events around town, so maybe we can catch up sometime.

Mag