Wednesday, October 18, 2006

mtv.com has turned into a clusterfudge

So, I tried to head on over to mtv.com this morning to see if there was any late breaking news I could steal for the blog, and I got smacked with a crapload of ads and movies after it loaded in my browser. Want to look at an article? Well, you'll have to take a look at this ad for 10 seconds first. Why is it taking so long for pages to load? It couldn't have anything to do with the continuous stream of MTV "Overdrive" videos playing in the upper left corner of the site, could it? Nah...

As I'm sure many of you have thought before, I have no idea how they can call themselves "Music" Television. I cannot remember the last time I actually saw a music video on the channel. And now their website is overrun with content featuring reality shows and the latest celebrity gossip. My days of checking mtv.com for news are numbered. Goodbye emptyvee - hello Pitchfork!

2 comments:

Jesse said...

MTV blows. I cannot stand one part of that channel.

Anonymous said...

I honestly can't tell you the last time I was on that site, or turned that channel on...pure poop.