Monday, November 20, 2006

Long time no see

Jeez! Almost 3 weeks without an update. Where to begin...

Thanks to the warm weather we had this past weekend, we were able to get our Christmas lights up in record time...probably less than 2 hours. I think we finally have the system down to a science. I'll try to throw a picture of the light display up sometime after we are allowed to turn them on (which is right after Thanksgiving).

Saturday night I swung over to the local GameStop around 11 pm to pick up the new Nintendo gaming console, the Wii. I don't think I've ever been to a midnight release for a game system before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was greeted to a cooler of pop, chips and cookies. Sweet. After a few rounds of Guitar Hero 2, it was time to snag the new system. I was out the door and on the way back home around 12:30. I spent the next 3 hours playing the sports games that came with the system, as well as the new Zelda game. Needless to say, I'm very impressed with Nintendo's new offering. The controller scheme is something you've never experienced before, but it only takes a few minutes to pick it up. I'm looking forward to checking out some of the classic games they'll be offering for download through their Virtual Console soon. And hopefully I can budget my gaming time so that my gals don't think I'm neglecting them.

We went bowling yesterday with Shel's side of the family and had a great time. It was Evie's first time bowling, and I think she enjoyed it. Daddy was pretty mediocre as a bowler, and Mommy had a little spill, but it was good to hit the lanes again. Afterwards, it was off to Megan and Jeff's for some lasagna. Their kids are growing up at a tremendous rate, and it was great to see them.

This week, we've got a buttload of things planned for what appears to be the beginning of the holiday season. I'll be sure to check in again and throw out some updates here and there. I'll close things out with a few recent albums you should check out when you have the chance.
  • Army of Anyone - Self-Titled: STP + Filter = a tasty nugget of rock goodness
  • Tenacious D - The Pick of Destiny: After my 1st listen, I was a bit disappointed. After a few subsequent listens, I was hooked.
  • The Beatles - Love: This comes out tomorrow. A great album of familiar Beatles tracks that have been remixed/mashed together to form a new take on some old classics.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Thanks for showing up again. Good to see you