Wednesday, November 29, 2006

No turkey this year


Well, Thanksgiving sucked ass for me this year. Sure, I have a lot to be thankful for. However, it was the actual celebration of Thanksgiving that unloaded a big turd on me. It all started Monday night when my daughter came down with the flu. 1st time in her life that she puked, and she took it like such a trooper - hardly a tear! But she was pretty out of it for quite a few days, which meant the wife and I had to take turns watching her during the day. We figured she'd be better by Thanksgiving, and we could go to the relatives to stuff our faces.

Wednesday night comes along, and you-know-what started coming out both of my ends. The timing was impeccable. Not only did I miss out on turkey day, but we ended up canceling a trip to Chicago that we had planned for months to see a good friend get hitched. Instead, the munchkin and I were homebound all weekend, and the wife was becoming stir crazy from being cooped up inside.

A week later, we've all snapped out of it. Evie is doing somersaults like it's no one's business, and Shel and I have a fun-filled weekend to look forward to. There's book club for her and a Guitar Hero marathon for me tomorrow night, a company holiday party on Saturday, and hopefully a chance to sneak out and get a Christmas tree this weekend. Wouldn't mind catching a few flicks (Pick of Destiny or For Your Consideration) either.

Happy hump day to my readers, and stay tuned: I'll be posting some more kickass tunes shortly (including some blog exclusive tracks from the new Foo Fighters live DVD). Glad to see the music link from the other day worked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't the most fun weekend. I think that's the first year Thanksgiving went by without eating turkey. Oh well. I just hope everyone is healthy for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Funny....I lived in that there country during your Haight Ashbury days Joe....