Thursday, April 26, 2007

Random thoughts

  • "We play instruments on the whole album, as opposed to sampling. There's more rock on there. If you know us you can trace the influences and they're no completely surprising. Someone who listens to us casually might think 'What the hell are these guys doing?'" Mike D commenting on the new Beastie Boys album, "The Mix Up" (due in June) (from nme.com)

  • "We've been in the studio for the past month and a half, and we've got about another month to go. We've been recording with our friend Gil Norton. He worked on our second record, he's a good guy and he makes amazing albums."
    "So we're making a really big powerful record, which I'm very excited about and I cannot wait to finish. I'm not saying I'm not having fun., I'm saying I can't wait to jump on stage and do this stuff, it's gonna be great."
    "So the album that we're making sounds like a Foo Fighters album, but it's definitely moving in a few different directions. It's cool man, I love it." Dave Grohl on the new Foo Fighters record (courtesy of nme.com)

  • Floyds Blue came out victorious in our first softball game of the season last night. While I did not get any hits, I did take a crucial walk which set us up for breaking a tie late in the 6th inning. Big props go out to Mr. Robideau, who went 3 for 3 with 2 dingers, and excellent acrobatics in the field by Nick and G Wo. Victory sure did make the beer taste sweeter last night.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Wow Joey. Thats a long post. Very Impressive