Monday, October 01, 2007

Whistling

Over lunch, I made a visit to the local LifeTime fitness center. While getting ready in the locker room, I was enjoying some of the sweet music they play over the in-house speakers. Today, I was kicking it to some "That'll Be The Day" by Buddy Holly. For those of you that know the song, the melody isn't too complex.

Some joker comes waltzing into the locker area, whistling along to the song. Wait, let me re-phrase that. He was trying to whistle along to the song. Whistling to a song without changing the note you are whistling is not encouraged. It just doesn't make any sense, and I have no idea why someone would do it. It goes against all whistling regulations.

So, if you are in violation of this heinous crime, please stop. I can get you help. Maybe even give you a lesson or two. For practice, I would recommend listening to "Patience" by GnR, "Young Folks" by Peter, Bjorn & John, and anything by this man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I will agree with you Joe. People, we plead with you, don't whistle a song with one note. You just sound like an idiot. Carry on.

Unknown said...

maybe he was playing the ol' one holed skin flute? I heard things like that happen in fitness center locker rooms...esspecially the sauna. hell maybe he is first chair during reheasals in the sauna.

joe said...

Take it easy dude....I wasn't at a Minneapolis airport bathroom.