Monday, February 19, 2007

Baby steps

Well, I didn't get any songs recorded this past weekend. Surprise surprise. I did play around with a few song ideas that I'll try and flesh out this week. I've got 10 days until the end of the month to start and finish this album. If I don't get it done, it won't be the end of the world. However, it sure would be nice to say I made it to the finish line.

A few buddies came in from out of town this weekend to celebrate my friend Ches' last remaining days as a free man. We met up at the local watering hole and proceeded to get overserved. Lots of debauchery took place at Schmitty's, and I think everyone succeeded in filling their tanks. We also stumbled up to Floyds to say hello to the locals. And just think...we get to do this all over again in a month!

We brought Evelyn to her 4th official birthday party yesterday at a gymnastics facility. After warming up a bit, she ended up having a blast on the trampoline and other activities that took place. Mommy had to play along with her for the most part. A little cake and ice cream topped off the event, which Evie had no problems scarfing down.

Tomorrow night, my better half is hosting book club at our house. I'm super bummed that I can't stick around. I'll probably head over to Mike D's place, where he'll try to get me to drink with him. I must stay strong in the face of his temptations...

6 comments:

Jesse said...

Well, how did we do with the temptation?

joe said...

The temptations are kicking in tonight. Apparently, he has 2 cases of beer with my name on them. Yay.

Jesse said...

So, how is that whole request for more comments form other people going for you?

joe said...

Awesome.

Anonymous said...

The birthday party was Evie's 4th official party.

Also, you had not interest in staying at book club. You could not get out of there fast enough.

Anonymous said...

HAHA You just got trumped Joseph.

I am pretty sure there was sarcasm about not being able to stay at the book club...unless you have turned gay on us...