Thursday, February 15, 2007

Chris Cornell's new album = the end of Audioslave

Chris Cornell has announced that his new album, Carry On, will be released on May 1st. Along with the statement released today, he included the following:

"Due to irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences, I am permanently leaving the band Audioslave. I wish the other three members nothing but the best in all of their future endeavors."

I for one am happy about the announcement. Chris needs to release this album and go out on tour, and then get back together with his brothers in Soundgarden. And the same goes for 1/2 of Army of Anyone...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the triumphant comeback of Soundgarden. This breakup was bound to happen

Anonymous said...

This is Michelle and I'm reading your blog.

Jesse - I read your blog too!

Anonymous said...

And what is the word with Rage Against the Machine? I hear they might be getting back together for a album/tour?

joe said...

They are playing the Coachella festival. That's the only show on the radar at the moment. With Cornell leaving the band, these guys have absolutely no reason to not tour this summer.